Sunday, March 30, 2008

105 - 30th - Shoe polish

Originally clicked and uploaded by - Pratosh Dwivedi - 30th Mar'08


There are two things I would like to mention about this photo. One is the peculiar style of shoe polish shops that I have seen in Mexico. They make you sit high on the trolley and then polish your shoes. It feels as if you are sitting on a throne :) You can see these shoe polish trolleys all over the city and you can see people sitting on them and reading newspapers while their shoes are getting polished.

Second point is about the man you can see in this picture. It was a Sunday and hence not many customers for him. I asked him for a photo and he posed nicely for one. Then I thanked him and shook hands with him. He was so humble that you could notice it in the first glance. He was very hesitant in giving his hand over to me, but at the same time had a genuine smile on his face, as if feeling that someone cared to say thanks and offer a hand. I was really touched that time, by his looks and by his behavior. I couldnt stop myself from thinking about him for the whole day.

Click here to see the full sized image

No comments: