Wednesday, August 27, 2008

255 - 27th - Popeye the sailor man

Originally clicked and uploaded by - Pratosh Dwivedi - 27th Aug'08


Popeye used to be my favorite cartoon till 3 years back [that was when I started working :( ]. I used to love the starting music and used to sing along whenever it was shown on Cartoon Network.

I'm Popeye the Sailor Man,
I'm Popeye the Sailor Man.
I'm strong to the finich
Cause I eat my spinach.
I'm Popeye the Sailor Man.

I was immediately reminded of Popeye when I saw this naval guard at the Naval Museum in Veracruz. After being declined to take a pic by many security guards previously, I wasn't sure whether he would would allow me to take a shot. But once asked he was in this definitive pose at immediately and I took some nice shots :)

Click here to see the full sized image

Click here to see one of Popeye's cartoon episodes

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

me encanta!!!!!!

Bossy Bee said...

looks like you :) no wonder he agreed to pose must have felt an instant brother hood with you. why black and white is he wearing Popeye's colour ?

aks said...

where is his spinach?

black white mode looks good on this photo, it adds an effect.