Sunday, August 10, 2008

239 - 11th - For the sake of living

Originally clicked and uploaded by - Pratosh Dwivedi - 11th Aug'08



Everyone expects their share of a peaceful rest after a long tiring journey. But for some the struggle of the journey never ends. They have to toil hard even when the end is near. They just don't have the option to relax even when they know that this may be the last phase of their struggle with life. Because even if its some handful of moments left, they have to fight to survive through them. They cant stop, they just have to move on - for the sake of living.

I saw this old man on one of the pavements in downtown Mexico City. When I first saw him, his fingers were striking against the chords of his guitar just to make some sound. As I got nearer to him, his movements became slower. By the time I clicked the photo & went near to him to put a coin in his bowl, we was already sleeping. He looked so tired and stressed. Even the sound of the coin striking against the bowl didn't wake him.

Just observe closely the things kept around him & you will realize how hard he has to struggle just to survive yet another day. I thank him to provide such a meaningful image to my blog and to teach me a lesson or two about life.

Click here to see the full sized image

No comments: