Sunday, August 17, 2008

245 - 17th - Spotted beauty

Originally clicked and uploaded by - Pratosh Dwivedi - 17th Aug'08


I spotted this butterfly while walking out of the archeological zone in Cuetzalan. It was hopping from one flower to another and I had to follow it for around 5 minutes to get some decent shots. After a couple of shots it seemed as if she was posing for me :) She gave me some 10 different poses and all can be classified as perfect "butterfly macros"

When I finished clicking the photos and returned to my friend to show her how they came, she told me that the local people who were standing nearby and were observing me chasing the butterfly, were laughing out loud while I was busy in my photo-endeavor ;) They must be thinking that this tourist from the city has never seen a butterfly sitting on flowers :) But as I always say - "Who cares as long as you get a nice photo"

Click here to see the full sized image

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha... I wish I would have been there when you take this picture. There are other occasions to add to these types of incidents when you click the snap!

I love this picture indeed! The Butterfly says, “See me and nothing else!”.

aks said...

nice photo.

i can imagine how they wud have felt, similar way we do when we can see a foreigner running after a stray dog to click its photo in india :)

neways really nice pic, i liked the way it came up.