Monday, August 18, 2008

246 - 18th - The staircase

Originally clicked and uploaded by - Pratosh Dwivedi - 18th Aug'08


It was just by chance that I had a glance on this side-street while walking through the market. I saw it and the photo was already clicked inside my mind. All I had to do was take out the camera and put it in the digital memory.

What I really liked about this photo was the way it guides your eyes up the staircase. You start looking at it and automatically your eyes follow the staircase and reach the top of the photograph. Also, I loved the way different colors have given their collective effect on the texture of the picture. This one is certainly of the type I love to click.

Click here to see the full sized image

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I literally laughed as soon as I saw this picture.
A perfect scene came to my mind when we friends went out to visit a pyramid and a church, which was located at the top of the hill beyond the steps. I challenged them that I climb through those broad, long steps (like in this picture but with broad single cuts) in one stretch without any pause and also on the compound wall near by. I wanted to walk with my friend, who was climbing and walking through the compound wall with the full energy he had, instead of taking the steps. But the whole scene went funny; the other friend who was standing and watching me far away from the place where I was, burst out into laughter when I felt faint and sat on the very next step where I started: D.
Those moments are still alive in my mind as a live video taken by my heart though I have the photos to see those moments again.

The lady in the picture, who struggle a bit to take the steps, made me to think of the above! :| Please don’t mind.