Tuesday, August 5, 2008

234 - 6th - Chiles en Nogada

Originally clicked and uploaded by - Pratosh Dwivedi - 6th Aug'08



This is the sight of the delicious lunch I had last weekend. This dish is called "Chiles en nogada". It is made up of Poblano chiles & is usually filled with a mixture of chopped meat and fruits. The white sauce covering it is made of walnut (nogal in Spanish) & cream. Finally, the red grains of pomegranate fruits sprinkled on it gives the dish the three colors of the Mexican flag - Red, White & Green.

Keeping in mind that I am a vegetarian, my friend's mother made this particular chile without any meat. It had a combination of some special Mexican apples & dry-fruits stuffed inside. It tasted fabulous & I missed the chance of having it again just by a whisker :)

Click here to see the full sized image

P.S. I took this picture with my N95 & it came with amazing clarity

1 comment:

aks said...

well, this dish is looking too delicious even to me who is not fond of food, dont know what wud have happened to u ...

mexican glag good, but i can associate it with our tricolor too ... jai hind