Monday, September 1, 2008

260 - 1st - Tuna

Originally clicked and uploaded by - Pratosh Dwivedi - 1st Sept'08



Cactus apple or more popularly known as "Tuna" in this part of the world, this fruit came quite as a surprise to me for more than one reason. Firstly the only Tuna I always knew was the fish, so when my friend first asked me if I wanted to try Tuna, my answer was a plain NO. Secondly I had never heard of a fruit from cactus. I knew people eat cactus but it also bears a fruit & that too such a tasty one was really a pleasant surprise.

These juicy, many-seeded fruits can be seen growing on the tips of huge cacti all over Mexico. They really look beautiful against the blue background of Popo.


Click here to see the full sized image

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I am Richa from SiliconIndia, I trust my email finds you in good health and high spirits. I am also an avid blogger and thought it’s a good time to initiate an interaction by updating you on some of the recent happenings at SiliconIndia.

• We are now a strong community of 1 Million professionals
• There are 10,000 active bloggers who participate in active blogging

We have leaders like Narayan Murthy, Azim Premji to fresh graduates who share their opinion & thoughts to contribute their knowledge and advice through blogging.

We would love to see you, embark on blogging here and sharing your perspectives to the rapidly growing SiliconIndia community and appreciate your community initiative here.

Please mail me back at richa@siliconindia.com with your suggestions and feedback.

Richa Sharma
Blog Editor – SiliconIndia

Anonymous said...

you have been clicking some great stuff :)

aks said...

cant believe someone can eat that ...

would surely love to taste them once