Tuesday, September 9, 2008

268 - 9th - Graffiti

Originally clicked and uploaded by - Pratosh Dwivedi - 9th Sept'08


I Love Graffiti & I have seen it painted on numerous walls in Mexico. For a long time I've been looking for a decent shot so that I could post it on my blog. Luckily last weekend I wandered away in the wrong direction while walking through the downtown and look what I stumbled upon. A whole gang of spray painters painting these incredible designs on the wall. I spent almost an hour at the place talking to them and observing how they do it.

Unlike the destructive form of Graffiti, which is legally banned in most countries this one was more of an expression of art. Through them I came to know about an annual Graffiti competition going to be held on 12th of this month. They invited me to the place and even offered their color cans in case I was interested in trying my hand at it.

Click here to see another interesting painting

Click here to see the full sized image

No comments: