Saturday, December 13, 2008

363 - 13th - The colorful bird

Originally clicked and uploaded by - Pratosh Dwivedi - 13th Dec'08


It was not the first time that I was seeing a cock, but surely I have never seen such a colorful one before, except the ones which are printed on the "cock brand" cracker packets in India. With amazing shades of blue, orange and red, the bird was a living example of an exquisite color display. I think that it would be second only to the peacock if ranked in terms of the number of different color shades present.

If you click on the image and see the full view, there are two things worth observing. The first is the color of it's eye - an orange eyeball with a black retina while the second being the white rope attached to one of it's legs. No comment on the color of the eye, but the rope seemed to be a mark of ownership for the bird.

Click here to see the full sized image

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another thing to note about it is its sense of pride: note the puffed-out chest and the head held high...

rajiv said...

Wow!! Amazing Picture...

~M. said...

This is an exquisite picture, I love the way the colors shine off the feathers, especially when viewed full size. I enjoy browsing through your blog--some great photos and cool commentary.

Pratosh Dwivedi said...

@Melissa
Thanks for the appreciation. This blog has become sort of a passion for me now. It gives sort of a vent to my photography. :)

@Me
Yeah, u r right. That is something I didnt observe.

@Rajiv
Thanks man.