Friday, November 14, 2008

334 - 14th - Interesting woodwork

Originally clicked and uploaded by - Pratosh Dwivedi - 14th Nov'08


On my way to Taxco, I stopped at a "scenic-point" from where one could see the the whole city in a single view. I came out from the car and was searching for a nice angle for the shot when I saw this small shop set up on the pavement. The owner of the shop was busy working on a wood piece to create something like what he had on display. The things kept there varied from small decorative pieces to general utility items like spoons & tumblers.

I really liked the quality of his work and the reasonable prices he was offering. I bought a set of 3 wooden bowls with wooden spoons to take back to India. It was really something original and hard to find.

Click here to see the full sized image

No comments: