Wednesday, October 22, 2008

311 - 22nd - Eggs of a basket

Originally clicked and uploaded by - Pratosh Dwivedi - 22nd Oct'08


This basket full of colorful eggs immediately caught my attention in a local market. I have seen white eggs, I have seen brown eggs, even some spotted eggs, but never have I seen blue and yellow and red eggs. I stopped at the shop ans asked the owner that how come these eggs are so differently colored. Guess what she would have answered ...

"These eggs are of colored hens, hence they are colored". I nodded my head, clicked some photos and walked away giggling inside.

Click here to see the full sized image

2 comments:

A wo(a)ndering mind said...

OMG very pretty picture.. I really like it

aks said...

lol, i have seen colored eggs in magazines and on television, but never ever heard such a reason for their color ;))