Monday, October 20, 2008

309 - 20th - Cilantro men

Originally clicked and uploaded by - Pratosh Dwivedi - 20th Oct'08


Cilantro or more commonly known as "Coriander" is one of my favorite garnishing options for tasty Indian curries. I usually buy it at the local Walmart every week. But from this week onwards I think I will be a bit extra careful while eating it. That is because what I saw when I clicked this image.

This group of men had plucked these bundles of coriander leaves fresh from the field and were probably getting it ready to be sent to the market. They had the leaves tied together to make big bundles and were washing them in the stream of water before putting them on the heap. If you look at the heap, the leaves look quite attractive and clean but the water in which they were dipping and washing it was almost black with dirt. Next time I'm gonna eat it, I'll make sure I wash it at least for ten minutes under a stream of "fresh & clean" water.

Click here to see the full sized image

No comments: