Friday, January 16, 2009

397 - 16th - The man & the tree

Originally clicked and uploaded by - Pratosh Dwivedi - 16th Jan'09


I am not sure whether it was all wood or all stone or a combination of stone and wood, but the whole sculpture looked almost homogeneous. It had such a uniformity in it's texture that you could easily say that it was carved out of a single piece (wood or stone, doesn't matter).

Probably he was the founder of "zoomat", the ecological reserve at Tuxtla. I found him standing against a stump at the entrance of the place, near the ticket counter. It was a long queue, and I fell back on my favorite thing to kill some time - my camera.

Click here to see the full sized image

1 comment:

aks said...

it looks to be a signle piece fo wood that has been carved into a piece of art :)