Tuesday, January 6, 2009

387 - 6th - The white bird

Originally clicked and uploaded by - Pratosh Dwivedi - 6th Jan'09


I simply love the way these birds hunt for fishes. They wait on the branch till they see a fish, then they fly up in the air and suddenly shoot downwards like a missile, dive right into the water and come out with a fish in their beak. This is one of the most unusual way of fishing I have ever seen.

I was thinking of making a video of the entire thing but since the boat was sailing away, I didnt get enough time :)

Click here to see the full sized image

4 comments:

Sabaleplus said...

que buenas fotos
http://sabaleplus.blogspot.com/

Fonceur said...

come out with a "bird" in their beak???

Pratosh Dwivedi said...

@Fonceur
Lol ... sorry for the mistake ... post edited :)

Anonymous said...

You can make that video soon enough... I know where birds do that all the time, but you might not get very exotic birds that time :)