Tuesday, January 1, 2008

16 - 1st - The holy candles

Originally clicked and uploaded by - Pratosh Dwivedi - 1st Jan'08


I visited a church today, in Puebla downtown. I decided to light a candle, hoping that it would give me some peace of mind. There was a strange feeling of peace and calmness at that place. People sitting on the long benches and praying to father God with their eyes closed. Candles burning all over the place and the church bells ringing outside.

I took this photo at a secluded corner of the church. In almost complete darkness this table filled with glowing candles was a magical sight.

Click here to see the full sized image

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sure is a beautiful sight!!! I love your pictures, man!!

Esther said...

I love this photo, and the commentary that you mean a lot to you, that when you turn the candle want to be at peace with your mind,
Really wish that you have achieved men