Saturday, February 9, 2008

55 - 9th - Political extravaganza

Originally clicked and uploaded by - Pratosh Dwivedi - 9th Feb'08


In a city with several thousand people struggling to manage a meal twice a day, such a political extravaganza demonstrates the indifference in the ruling minds towards the tax money paid by the ruled. Streets lit up with endless strings of small glowing lights, huge lit-up effigies of local political big-shots, entire area decorated like a wedding celebration, big projectors set up for people to see what useless crap the leaders are shouting and hundred other completely unnecessary arrangements; just for the sake of this political mess.

Here are some more shots of the same
Photo-1
Photo-2

Click here to see the full sized image

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The people sitting there are simply relaxing and nothing much. I saw all these stupid stuffs in which they are wasting money, when I was passing that way. Though the ruling persons change time to time, these kinds of exaggerations never change.

Anonymous said...

The image is vague. There is no subject Matter.

Anonymous said...

There is a title, and a picture to elaborate on the same. What more subject matter do you want?

Bossy Bee said...

What Pratosh is this a blog for essays no media would take your image for it does not convey your intended message.To an unbiased observer it seems like the creative description of a random image.If there were hoardings or the screen was more clear then may be there would have been some credibility to your description.
But I agree with your comments political mega melas are a decadence against the backdrop of the suffering millions.

Pratosh Dwivedi said...

Though I cant see any essays written anywhere, the readers should keep in mind that this is not just a photo blog ...

Also, please keep in mind that different people have different perspectives. I may not think the same way as you are doing and then click the photo. So, when the photo doesnt match your perspective I request you to try and think the way I did. Maybe that way, you would be able to understand what exactly it conveys. After all, it was me who was present there with the camera .. So I can only describe that with what intention the picture was taken.

Also, please try to understand that I am not demonstrating my photography skills here .. I just to try capture some moments around me and put them here .. so every photo is not expected to be technically correct or conforming to all photographical parameters :)

I am thankful for all the critical comments cauz they really help me improve ... but at the same time I would really appreciate if my criticizers for once see the things from my point of view.

Bossy Bee said...

I shall hitherto agree to your perspective about any image you post as well as applaud the originality, the genre and the skills with it has been clicked. I shall also henceforth be sure to not read any more or any different meaning into your images than what you proclaim it to be.Happy clicking and Happy blogging.