Monday, February 16, 2009

428 - 16th - Iglesia de Santo Domingo

Originally clicked and uploaded by - Pratosh Dwivedi - 16th Feb'09

The Church and former monastery of Santo Domingo de Guzmán is the most important of the numerous baroque ecclesiastical buildings in Oaxaca, Oaxaca, Mexico. The complex of buildings includes a substantial sanctuary and an extensive system of courtyards, cloisters and rooms that formerly constituted the monastery but now house the Cultural Centre of Oaxaca. This museum includes an important collection of pre-Columban artifacts, among them the contents of Tomb 7 from the nearby Zapotec site of Monte Albán. The former monastery garden is now an Ethnobotanical Garden, containing a large collection of plants native to the region.

I took this photo while staring at the glowing building of the church lightened by the bright sunlight and the ambient lighting of the place. I had to place my camera on a wall to get a clear picture. Now that I have a tripod, I wish I could go back and take some more; with some better angles.

Click here to see the full sized image

No comments: